As winter slowly subsides, now is probably the best time to inspect your property for any damage it may have experienced during the winter. Some people may need simple repairs; others could require a roof replacement in Naperville Illinois. With all your home maintenance tasks piling up for spring, make sure you don’t forget your gutters. Your gutter system serves as your roof’s overall drainage. That’s why it’s important to keep it unclogged and clean at all times. Spring is just around the corner—how prepared is your home?
As one of the expert home improvement contractors in the Illinois and Indianapolis areas, we at A+ Roofing have a couple of ideas for your spring maintenance:
- Check your gutters for debris accumulation. Loose debris can quickly decompose, compress into a solid sheet, and cause clogging. That’s why it’s important to remove any debris before it piles up and worsens the condition of your gutters
- Inspect for inhabitation of pests or small animals. Your gutter can become a breeding ground for mosquitos, bees, bats, squirrels, and other small animals. If this persists, your gutters will eventually break down
- Make sure there is no physical damage. Check if the seams are splitting apart or if there are any stains caused by constant overflow and rusting spikes. Frequent rain and snow can also take its toll on your gutters. Hire a good roofer, like A+ Roofing, to make the necessary inspections. We offer FREE inspection for storm-related damage.
- Clean your gutters regularly. This is the classic way to keep your gutters healthy and in good condition. You just need to make sure that your gutters are free from leaves, tree branches, and other debris. Whenever you clean your gutters, don’t forget to include your downspouts. You can do this by simply ensuring that water is properly flushed away from the exterior of your home.
- Install gutter guards. Sometimes, people underestimate the use of gutter guards. However, installing gutter guards in Naperville IL can save you the hassle of climbing up the ladder to perform maintenance and cleaning. At A+ Roofing, we offer various gutter protection systems such as leaf guards, gutter screens, and Gutter Helmet®.
Keep in mind that physically climbing up on your roof can be dangerous, so we do not recommend it. Instead, you can simply grab a pair of binoculars and inspect your gutters from where you are standing. It’s best to hire an expert contractor such as A+ Roofing to conduct a thorough inspection. Our dedicated team is fully trained and equipped to handle a variety of home improvement services.
This spring, we can help you keep your gutters protected and in good physical shape. Just call us at (866) 878-9900 to know more about our gutter services and products.