When faced with roofing problems, clients often wonder whether to replace or to repair their roof. Here are some questions to consider when deciding:
- Can you afford the cost of a roof replacement project at this moment?
- How large is the affected area and how serious is the problem?
Replacing your roofing system provides you with the long-term benefits of enhanced protection, the latest of roofing technologies and increased visual appeal. This upgrade of your roof, however, can be very costly and time consuming.
In contrast, repairing your existing roof will not improve its general performance or appearance. However, it will give you other benefits:
- It will save you time and money, while solving the problem
- It will prevent a small issue from growing into an expensive and complex problem
- It will keep your roof reliable and good looking.
Manufacturers formally recognize the value of regular roof maintenance. For instance, GAF, North America’s largest roofing manufacturer, offers Diamond Pledge Warranty for low slope roofs. The Diamond Pledge Warranty provides a free 25% warranty extension for qualifying roofs when these were installed by a Master Elite Contractor like A+ Roofing and have a maintenance program in place.